What are the signs of mold toxicity?

Exposure to humid, musty environments can cause a variety of health effects, or none at all. Some people are sensitive to mold. For these people, exposure to mold can cause symptoms such as nasal congestion, wheezing, and redness or itching of the eyes or skin. Some people, such as those with mold allergies or asthma, may have more intense reactions.

Serious reactions can occur among workers exposed to large amounts of mold in work environments, such as farmers who work around moldy hay. Serious reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Mold spores can easily enter your home on your shoes or clothes or through open windows or doors. If these spores find a warm, humid and humid environment, they can begin to multiply.

Soon, your home will be filled with toxic mold. If you think mold has invaded your home, look for several symptoms of mold exposure. I have witnessed mold inspectors fail to detect water damage and mold growth in patients' homes because they didn't conduct extensive research or use incorrect testing methods. The most direct way to assess mold toxicity is through a urinalysis that measures mold metabolites and mycotoxins, as well as glutathione levels (which may decrease when exposed to mold).

Researchers believe that mental health problems may be related to exposure to toxic mold, as well as to the stress of dealing with the physical symptoms of the disease caused by mold. It's important to properly clean and dry the area, as you can still have an allergic reaction to parts of the dead mold and mold contamination can recur if there's still a source of moisture. Mold sampling can be expensive, and no standards have been established to determine what is and isn't an acceptable amount of mold. So, let's discuss mold toxicity, what that actually means, and how Parsley Health takes a holistic, science-based approach to treating the symptoms of mold toxicity.

Although mold allergy is the most common problem caused by exposure to mold, mold can cause illness without an allergic reaction. The dangers posed by molds that can produce mycotoxins should be considered in the same way as other common molds that can grow in your home. Of course, everyone looks at the shower curtain, under the sink, or in the basement when thinking about mold problems, but mold can grow almost anywhere. Humans can be myotoxic because they have been exposed to mold in the past, so a “clean house” does not rule out mold disease in a human being.

When tick-borne infections and mold toxicity occur together, the disease caused by mold must be treated before tick-borne infections can be successfully treated. Exposure to mold lowers glutathione levels and is one of the most effective compounds for eliminating mycotoxins. Others have reported discovering mold growing on a wall after removing a bed or painting (mold grows where there is no light). Doctors who specialize in the disease caused by mold have focused on tests that are most effective in determining if mold is an underlying cause of a person's symptoms.

Worse yet, most doctors aren't familiar with mold disease or the symptoms of mold exposure, so it's rarely considered a diagnosis.

Brenda Seemann
Brenda Seemann

Subtly charming social media geek. Friendly social media fan. Extreme travel nerd. Award-winning internet trailblazer. Hipster-friendly social media ninja. Incurable pizza fanatic.