To prevent mold growth in your home: Keep the humidity levels in your home as low as possible, no more than 50%, all day long. Make sure the air in your home flows freely. Repair any leaks in your home's ceiling, walls, or pipes so that mold doesn't have moisture to grow. Moldy or moldy fabric should be washed with chlorine, bleach and hot water.
If chlorine bleach isn't a safe option for the material, soak it in hydrogen peroxide and hot water for half an hour and then wash it as directed. Sour air can also encourage mold growth, so open windows and doors to let fresh air into your property. You should do this when the weather is dry to increase air circulation in your home. It's impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores are found floating in the air and in household dust.
Mold spores will not grow if there is no moisture. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling indoor humidity. If there is mold growth in your home, you should clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem, the mold problem will most likely reappear.
However, you should know that spills and leaks aren't the only sources of moisture in your home. Moisture and carbonated water in the air are major contributors to mold growth. If you have discovered mold in your home or are afraid of mold, you should buy a hygrometer. These affordable devices measure current indoor humidity in real time.
Place the device in a place where you won't forget it, such as the living room or bedroom. Preventing mold is as easy as controlling the daily humidity levels in your home. The EPA recommends humidity between 30 and 50 percent to inhibit mold growth. If the humidity in your home exceeds 60%, mold is very likely to occur.
To remove mold from the basement, scrub the walls with a large brush and keep in mind that porous surfaces, such as ceiling tiles or drywall, may need to be removed and replaced if they become moldy. You should immediately pay attention to any signs of mold, assess the situation, and decide on a quick course of action to inspect and remove or remedy the mold. Basement mold can be persistent, given the nature of basements: they tend to be much more humid than levels above ground and generally have poor ventilation and poor airflow, a combination that can cause mold to grow. If that still doesn't work, you can use a specially formulated mold remover and mix it with your bleach solution.
If the carpet in the basement has become moldy, sweep (with a mask on) to loosen the mold and let it dry in the sun if you can move it, or use high-powered fans to remove moisture if it's stuck to the floor. While detecting mold can make you question your cleaning rules, remember that the presence of mold spores is inevitable anywhere with the possibility of moisture, and that, of course, can occur in rooms of the house that are used daily, such as the kitchen and bathroom, as well as in areas that you rarely visit, such as the basement and attic. For example, removing wallpaper can cause a massive release of spores if mold grows on the underside of the paper. Be sure to follow the tips mentioned above once mold removal is complete to ensure that your home remains mold-free.
If you find mold in your home, we recommend that you call a professional to get rid of it right away. Moisture is essential for mold to grow, so if you can remove excess moisture from your property, you can greatly reduce the potential for mold growth. Removing mold in the home is different on a case-by-case basis, but you should know that you can do it yourself or have an expert come in. Mold is a difficult problem to treat, so it's a big relief to have it removed from your home.
First rinse the coating, spray on a non-toxic mold remover, let it sit while the mold begins to dissolve, and then rinse it. While there are some cases of mold that can be treated with home remedies, those techniques don't necessarily prevent mold from returning. .